Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Jason Chaffetz explains the benefits of the New Tax Credit...

December 22, 2009



Dear Mr. Smith,

Thank you for writing to my office with your views on extending the first-time homebuyer tax credit.

The proposal to extend this tax credit was part of the Worker, Homeownership, and Business Assistance Act of 2009 (HR 3548). I voted in favor of this legislation along with over 400 of my colleagues in the House, and President Obama signed this bill into law on November 6, 2009.

Among other things, this legislation provides a new $6,500 tax credit to some qualified current homeowners who purchase another home, and extends the $8,000 tax credit for first-time home buyers (which was scheduled to expire at the end of November) until April 30, 2010. It is my hope that this tax credit extension will strengthen our weakened economy by improving the housing market. I also anticipate that no further extensions will be needed.

Again, thank you for contacting my office. Please do not hesitate to write me again if you have any further questions or comments. Also, if you would like to sign up for my monthly e-letter, please visit my website, http://www.chaffetz.house.gov/.



Sincerely,

Jason Chaffetz
Member of Congress

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment, I welcome feedback and the opportunity to hear of your personal experiences with myself or other realtors...